Translate

Monday, August 1, 2016

I Love Bookstores!!!

Hello, hello!

I know it's unusual to be this chipper on a Monday but I am having a fantastic day.  I have most of the day off so I've been able to use that time to work on some things at home that have piled up. Plus I finished another book and had a lovely walk today (also two cups of coffee).


Anyway,  last week I went to the bookstore for the first time in a long while.  As a librarian I tend to get most of my books from the library. Plus I don't usually buy a book unless I've already read it and/or love, love, love the author.  However I was looking forward to being surrounded by books at a place that wasn't work.

Since I'm trying to be thrifty and save money for more books, travel, and life in general I decided to visit Half Price Bookstore.  You guys, they have SO MANY BOOKS for SO CHEAP!  I mean, just check out the beautiful Young Adult section in the picture above.

Bookstores are also great for super fun niche stuff like this Beethoven Action Figure:


I came this close to buying it, but I was on the prowl for other things: really cheap paperback romances and/or fancy looking editions of Anne of Green Gables or Jane Austen.  There were a lot of different editions of both Anne of Green Gables and Jane Austen's works. I looked everywhere to find the best one. As luck would have it I found the best Jane Austen collection ever!
TA DA!!!!

Aren't they pretty!?!?!  I just couldn't resist!  Additionally I found a daily readings book by my favorite author C.S. Lewis.  I'm so excited to add this to my devotional and prayer time.  When I'm struggling with something spiritually I can usually find the answer in Lewis' writings.  

After the success of this trip it's going to be hard not to want to go back every week. I just remember that I am a librarian and can find a lot of what I actually want to read for free.  But if I love it you bet your bottom dollar that I'm adding it to my list for books to buy in the future.  :)

Happy Reading,

Cordelia M. Blythe

No comments:

Post a Comment