Translate

Monday, September 25, 2017

Music, Music, Music: What I've Been Listening To This Month

I love music.  It's great to walk to, read to, drive to, and dance to. It adds so much to a movie or tv show.  I can hardly sit in my car without needing music.  Since I've been downloading a lot of music lately, today I wanted to share a list of some of my favorite music I've been listening to lately.

image courtesy of Lorde.co.nz

I played Lorde's new album for almost a week straight and there are only eleven tracks on the album. Like all her music, it creeps up on you until you find yourself humming along when it's not being played.  With a mixture of fun rhythms and soulful background tracks, Lorde's tunes provide a fun art pop soundtrack to life.

image courtesy of imdb.com

I haven't been able to stop listening to this soundtrack since I saw the movie.  Taron Egerton, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, and Tori Kelly's final songs are my particular favorites.  These covers of famous songs are very well done and occasionally even catchier than the originals. Speaking of originals, Scarlett Johansson's character sings a really fun original song that is constantly stuck in my head.  I highly recommend both the movie and the soundtrack.

image courtesy ofwikipedia
All of Florence and the Machine's albums are great, but her first one remains my favorite.  Her soulful voice and powerful songs give me a much needed energy boost in the morning.  Tracks I especially like are "Dog Days Are Over," "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)," and "You've Got the Love." Another amazing art/indie pop artist, her voice lends a haunting and powerful edge to this genre.

Other artists I can't stop listening to are Regina Spektor, Jewel, and the Cranberries.  Lately I've been drawn to powerful female vocals, fun lyrics, and haunting tracks.  What are some of your favorite artists? What have you been listening to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment